Please see the latest details below from President and acting CEO of the Board of Squash NSW, John Small
Despite the country gradually coming out of Lockdown, NSW remains closed for all indoor sport. That means our centres must remain closed as part of a Public Health Order which stipulates:
- No indoor sport
- No competition sport, only training
- Outdoor training limited to groups of 10
However, the NSW Govt has now established a ministerial Task Force to consider applications by Sports for exemption to the Order. Squash NSW is in the process of developing and submitting such an application. It will cover:
- Earliest possible opening of centres for training in June,
- Staged progression to competition and larger numbers in centres by July,
- Include reference to the latest Sport Australia/AIS Framework for Sports, which has details for Squash and which supports re-opening, and
- Include a set of COVID-19 Centre Safety Guidelines produced by Squash Australia as the guidelines we will follow if the application is approved.
While we believe that our application will have a good chance of success, centres must remain closed until we are formally advised otherwise.
If you have any matters you would like to see included in our application, please email to [email protected]